2.18.2011

family portrait.

have you ever met them? the ones we call friends, yet in our heart and soul we know they are not just that. they're family.



they're the ones you'd fight for, no matter the consequences. my old man once told me that in life, there'll be friends who are worth holding on as much as family, perhaps even more. i believe i've found such companions. they're the greatest, most awesome bunch a guy could ask for. they're the family one could only dream of. their mere presence makes each day a little brighter, each darkness a little lighter. knowing that they're here, that they'll accept us, take us for who we are, makes life just a tad easier.

perhaps i've lost sight of this, as i've lost sight of everything else. but realizations are the first step to a solution, no? it's time to let go. time to move on. it's time to smile, no matter how fake it is. after all, lie enough and you'll soon believe the lie. so smile enough, and soon it will be the truth.

life is full of surprises. good or bad, they're what life is all about. i've discovered that no matter how bad things are, the good surprises are worth the trouble. i realize that now. my friends, no, my family are worth it all.

so today i make an oath, and God help me if i break this:
my friends, my family, i'll never stop loving you.